Friday, February 29, 2008

Translating Hug by 東方神起: Part 4

I'm back from work and back to translating this song (Hug by: 東方神起). So far, I've managed to translated the first two lines (line 1, line 2). I hope this time I can do a whole lot more. So here are the 3rd, 4th and 5th line...

なんとなくだけど

  • なんとなく - just because (unable to explain specifically)
  • だけど - but; however

言葉にすることで

  • 言葉に - to put into words (言葉 - ことば)
  • るこ - to try
  • ことで - thing

なにもかも消えてしまいそうで Wow wow

  • なにもかも - anything and everything
  • 消えて - disappear (消 - き)
  • しまい - end
  • そうで - because it seems

Literal translation (based from the definitions above) would be...

But I can't explain this
Or try to put this thing into words
Because it seems everything will disappear and end

So, my personal translation for this verse would be...

I don't know how, can't explain
I can't say it out loud, can't proclaim
'Cause it seems like everything's gonna fade away

Whew, that last line was tough, since I'm not a songwriter after all. But, I'm having a lot of fun! I've got a long way to go before I finish translating the entire song, but at least I'm going to have a lot of fun during the process.

Source
Jim Breen's WWWJDIC Server

No comments: