Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Translating Hug by 東方神起: Part 7

Here's part 7 of my translation of Hug by 東方神起. Why am I taking so long? Basically it's because I've just started to learn Japanese last week. Months (or years) from now I hope translating something like this won't even take 30 minutes. Then again that's just wishful thinking. Let's start...

焦るこの気持ち

  • 焦る (あせる) - in a hurry; impatient
  • この - this; the
  • 気持ち (きもち) - feeling; sensation; mood

気づいてるのかな

  • 気づいてる (きづいてる) - be concious of
  • かな - (question particle)

その胸はなにを思ってるの Wow wow

  • その - that; those; the
  • 胸 (むれ) - chest
  • なにを - what
  • 思ってる (おもってる) - think; feel

So the translation would be the following:

This feeling of being impatient
Can you notice it?
What is your heart feeling?

I changed the words around to make it sound a bit better. Here's my translation...

Right now I'm so anxious
Can you tell the difference?
What is your heart feeling, can you let me know?


Next up...

両手を広げて

  • 両手 (りょうて) - (with) both hands
  • 広げて - to widen; to broaden (広 - ひる)

むじゃきなその笑顔

  • むじゃきな - innocent
  • その - that; those; the
  • 笑顔 (えがお) - smiling face

この腕に包み込み

  • この - this; the
  • 腕 (うで) - arm; ability; talent
  • 包み込み (つつみこみ) - to wrap up

抱きしめたいんだ

  • 抱きしめたいんだ - I want to hug you (抱 - だ)

Given those definitions the translation would be...

I'll widen both hands
For that innocent smiling face
Wrap you up in my arms
I want to hug you

My translated version of this verse would be the following...

I'm right here with wide open arms
For you and your innocent smile
Wrap you in my arms, never let you go
Can't tell you how much I want to

This one's a bit similar to this other verse, so it was easier to translate. Anyway, that's it for now. 'Till next time... じゃあまたあした!

No comments: